Week of Sep 26
- The big event this week is the Local Sightings Film Festival. Opening night was a preview night party with dancing and drinking. Some highlights this week are:
- Friday: Bella Vista, a meditation on the beauty of Missoula, MT. An experimental film that abstractly explored the city that has started to attract the mega-rich for its beauty and seclusion.
- Saturday: Chat: A one-take webshow about a girl who tries to make the rent by stripping online and engaging with the watchers
- Tuesday: Bubble Bubble Meows and the Meteor Stomachache, what looks like internet meme overload, a hand drawn, self-made animated film about…I’m not even sure what.
- Closing night: In Country – A doc about Vietnam War re-enacters?!
- This week also has the Seattle Film Summit, a meeting of minds to help the local film community find each other.
- Nick Cave’s 20,000 Days on Earth
- Patema Inverted opens, all evening screenings are subbed, with first screenings dubbed
- This is Where I Leave You continues
- Boyhood opens(?!)
- Saturday, Harmontown Live comes through with a screening of Harmontown.
- Levitated Mass, a documentary about how an artist scammed LACMA into thinking a boulder was art, plays Friday-Sunday
- K2: Siren of the Himalayas plays Friday-Sunday
- Monday, Palo Alto screens
Next week: SIFF opens at the Egyptian with a weekend of retro films for $5, or a receipt from a Capitol Hill Business